- Around 111,526 IDPs are still in camps, with 101,722 still remaining in the IDP camps in Menik Farm, with 3987 in Jaffna, 2162 in Mannar. No IDPs are in Trincomalee now. When the Government announced that IDPs can freely move from the Menik Farm camps, most of the IDPs return to Menik Farm within 15 days.
- The former Indian Hospital in Zone 1 has now been transformed into a rehabilitation center for people with disabilities.
- 2 IDP zones have been decommissioned in Menik Farm as the numbers have decreased. Zone 5 has been identified to accommodate ex-combatants belonging to the LTTE whilst going through a rehabilitation process prior to re-integration back to society
- 130,068 have been released so far (as 24 December, 2009) have been released from Menik Farm and resettled in Jaffna, Mannar, Mullativu, Killinochi and the East
- The additional Provincial Director of Health Services continue to be toe focal person in the Northern Provinces for health services to the resettled population.
- Assessment of the health facilities in the resettlement areas in Mannar, Killinochi and Mullativu continue and a mapping exercise is being conducted by the MOH and WHO, with help from partners.
- WHO continues to support the strengthening of Disease surveillance in IDP camps, and the areas of resettlement with the MOH