104 Cases of SGBV successfully closed since January 2018 in Unity
140,000 litres Of additional water available for use in Upper Nile
95% pass rate of Primary 8 students from three refugee primary schools in Ajuong Thok refugee camp in Unity after their mock exams
Achievements and Impact
- UNHCR registered 75 newly arrived refugees (30 families) in Yambio.
- In Jamjang, UNHCR registered 375 (211 men, 164 women) newly arrived refugees from South Kordofan which is a decrease of 41% compared to the same period last year.
- UNHCR relocated 309 refugees from Yida to two refugee camps in Jamjang; 13 refugees to Ajuong Thok refugee camp, 296 refugees to Pamir refugee camp. Among them, 218 were new arrivals while 91 were Yida residual refugees.
- On 5th October, UNHCR launched a verification exercise in Ajuong Thok refugee camp. By 15th October, UNHCR verified 9,393 refugees, 20% of the target population.
- Five Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) cases (3-emotional abuse, 2-physical assault) were closed after survivors were determined to have fully recovered. Since January 2018, 104 SGBV cases have been closed (52-Ajuong Thok, 39-Pamir, 13 -Yida).