• Completeness for weekly reporting was 42% for the non-conflict affected states and 58% for the IDP sites.
• 20 new suspect measles cases were reported from Mayom, Wau, Abyei, Twic, and Leer (Adok)
• Malaria cases in Warrap and Western Bahr el Ghazal are above the expecteed levels for the current period.
• ARI surpassed malaria as the top cause of morbidity in IDPs
• TB/HIV/AIDS is the top cause of mortality in the IDPs
Special focus on measles
• Since week 3 of 2016, measles has reemerged as a major cause of morbidity with most cases reported from Mayom, Agok (Abyei), and Mayendit (Table 4.1).
• Of the 163 suspect measles cases reported in 2016, a total of 20 have been confirmed as measles IgM positive in Agok (8), Mayendit (2), Rumbek Center (2), Mangatain IDP (2), UN House PoC (1), Gogrial West (1), Mayom (1), Leer (Adok) (2), and Aweil Center (1) (Table 4.1).
• Thus measles outbreaks confirmed in UN House, Mangatain IDP, Mayendit, Mayom, Leer (Adok), and Agok.