• The humanitarian community in South Sudan called for 30 days of tranquility in the month of May to allow people to move freely.
• Up to 50,000 children could die if malnutrition detection and treatment services are not promptly scaled up in 2014.
• Shelter partners are scaling up response to meet the needs of newly displaced people through the rehabilitation of existing sites and the setting up of new locations.
• At least 3,000 people have arrived in a number of locations in the Abyei region after ﬂ eeing violence in Unity State.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.