- In Upper Nile, heavy fighting in Nasir and Ulang counties caused significant movement of people. Over the last week, more than 11,000 people southt refuge in Ethiopia.
- Parties to the conflict signed an agreement on May 9, in Addis Ababa, to end the conflict and to cooperate with the humanitarian community to ensure that aid reaches millions of affected people in South Sudan.
- The latest IPC food security analysis indicates that some 3.7 million people are experiencing Emergency levels of food insecurity.
- On 5 May, parties to the conflict signed an agreement under the Intergovernmental Authority of Development (IGAD), recommitting to the humanitarian affairs in the cessation of hostilities
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.