• Heavy fighting broke out in northern areas of Upper Nile state, especially Renk County.
• In Bentiu, humanitarian assistance continued to over 22,500 people sheltering in the UN peacekeeping base.
• Tensions remained high in Bor town, Jonglei, with more people reported to be moving out of the town.
• The number of people displaced within South Sudan rose to 923,000, with the highest increase in Upper Nile State.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.