● Partners scaled up social mobilization campaigns in Akobo, Awerial, Maban and Raja-Juba to improve school enrollment.
● The post-harvest food security assessment (second harvest of the year 2014) in the Equatorial region was completed and results will be issued shortly.
● Plans are underway to respond to livestock disease outbreak in Turkei, Unity State where an estimated 35 per cent of cattle herds were affected by an unknown disease and about 30 per cent of the affected cattle have died between July and mid-December 2014.
4.1 million People to be assisted by the end of 2015
2.5 million People facing crisis/emergency levels of food insecurity Jan-Mar 2015
1.5 million People internally displaced by conflict since December 2013
$600 million Required for life-saving assistance by February 2015
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.