● Assessment mission in Northern Jonglei reported an estimated 44,000 people in need, with flooding and livestock deaths negatively affecting food security.
● A humanitarian barge heading to Malakal/Melut was dispatched from Juba on 10 January.
● Current UNHAS air capacity is limited to regular flights, leaving a gap in rapid response to hard-to-reach areas. Discussion is ongoing among stakeholders to find a temporary solution to organise response on a costrecovery basis to recently identified needs in Northern Jonglei, but a long-term solution is needed to ensure consistency in reaching deepfield locations.
4.1 million People to be assisted by the end of 2015
2.5 million People facing crisis/emergency levels of food insecurity Jan-Mar 2015
1.5 million People internally displaced by conflict since December 2013
$600 million Required for life-saving assistance by February 2015
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.