● Calm returned in the Protection of Civilians (PoC) sites in Malakal, enabling partners to resume aid operations this week.
● Tensions remained high in the northern states of Jonglei, Unity and Upper Nile, where sporadic fighting has been reported.
● The third round of the nationwide polio immunization campaign reached 3,431,592 children aged 0 to 59 months, according to preliminary reports.
● The 16 Days of Activism against Gender Based Violence campaign was launched in some part of the country.
3.8 million People to be assisted by the end of the year
3.5 million People reached with humanitarian assistance*
1.91 million People displaced by confl ict since December 2013
$600 million Required for life-saving assistance before Feburary 2015
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.