● At least six South Sudanese aid workers were killed in Maban County, Upper Nile State, causing aid agencies to suspend essential activities such as food distributions and evacuating some staff.
● Continued rains in Bentiu worsened flooding in the Protection of Civilians site, deteriorating living conditions and causing tension between displaced people and aid agencies.
● Rapid multi-sector response teams deployed to new locations in Canal County in Jonglei State and north of Nasir town in Upper Nile State.
● Four river barges with aid supplies left Mangalla for Malakal on 6 August.
3.8 million People to be assisted by the end of the year
2.4 million People reached with humanitarian assistance*
1.1 million People internally displaced by violence 440,000 People have fled to neighboring countries
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.