● Fighting broke out in Malakal, Upper Nile, on 19 March. Clashes also occurred in Leer County, Unity State.
● Airdrops began to supply food to people in need in nine locations in conﬂict-affected states.
● The World Food Programme received authorization to commence operations via the Ethiopian corridor.
● The conﬂict has forced some 958,000 people from their homes, including 709,000 within South Sudan and 249,000 to neighbouring countries.
● Aid agencies have so far reached around 925,700 of the 3.2 million people to be assisted by June.
● The Emergency Directors of eight humanitarian agencies arrived in South Sudan on 19 March for a three-day visit to draw attention to needs and enhance the response.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.