· An estimated 707,400 people are displaced inside South Sudan. Another 149,700 people have fled to nearby countries.
· The Emergency Relief Coordinator, Valerie Amos, declared the South Sudan crisis a “Level 3” global emergency on 11 February.
· Aid agencies adapted their pre-positioning strategy to focus on pre-positioning in least affected states and secure sufficient supplies in Juba for conflict-affected areas.
· The Crisis Response Plan is nearly 18% funded, leaving a shortfall of $1.05 billion. Funds are urgently needed for the core pipelines and frontline services.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.