IOM South Sudan Flow Monitoring Weekly Report Key Highlights: 15 - 21 September 2017

Report
from International Organization for Migration
Published on 21 Sep 2017 View Original

Juba Gumbo Park

  • Significant decrease (23%) in people transiting through Juba Gumbo Park respect to the previous week (1083 individuals compared to 1401). The overwhelming majority of people moving are youths between 5 and 17 years old (509 ind. - 47%).

  • Majority of people are moving from Juba (701 individuals - 65% of the total) and they are manly going to Uganda (547 ind. to Refugee Camps and 107 to Kampala). Mainly reasons for Movements are “Shortage of Food” (354 ind. – 50%) and “Insecurity” (142 ind. – 20%).

  • All the people coming from Refugee Camps in Uganda (236 ind.) are heading to Juba. Main reason of the movement is “Shortage of Food” (204 ind. – 86%)

Bentiu PoC

  • A total of 1129 were recorded moving in and out of the PoC (a reduction of 26,5% respect to the total movement of the previous Reporting Period – 1535 individuals). Among them 147 are entering the PoC and 982 exiting (249 and 1286 respectively the previous week).

  • People entering are arriving mainly from Rubkona (39 ind – 26,5%), followed by Leer (31 ind. – 21%), Koch (28 ind. – 19%) and Guit (17 ind. – 11,5%). Main reasons for moving in is “Shortage of Food” (60 ind. – 40% ) followed by “Insecurity” (52 ind. - 35%).

  • The majority of IDPs exiting are Women (760 ind. – 77%) and Children (460 ind. – 47%).
    They are mainly going to Rubkona (517 ind. - 53%) and Guit (342 ind. - 35%). Main reason for leaving is “To Join the rest of the Family” (643 ind. – 65%). The majority (81%) state they are staying outside the PoC for 1 to 3 months only.

Malakal PoC

  • 60 individuals were recorded entering the PoC (compared to the 73 of the previous week) while practically no exits were recorded (only 1 individual in the reporting period). 27 of the people entering the PoC (45%) are children and youths (under 18 years old).

  • 41 individuals (68%) are coming from Fashoda while 11 from Juba (18%).

  • Main reason for entering the PoC is “Shortage of Food” (24 individuals – 41%) followed by “Joining the rest of the family” (18 individuals - 30%). Only 4 persons (6,5%) declare to enter the PoC because of “Insecurity”

International Organization for Migration:

Copyright © IOM. All rights reserved.