World Vision (WV) is seeking US$92 million to provide life-saving assistance to 2.2 million drought affected people in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan and Somalia between February 2017 – July 2017
• Tens of thousands of children could starve to death as famine, starvation, food and water shortages affect 22 million people in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Sudan and Somalia.
• International aid is urgently needed before the window of opportunity to help closes. The crisis is not getting the attention it needs to ensure children and their families are protected from a looming catastrophe.
• The hunger crisis is exacerbated by drought, confl ict and political instability and is forcing people to migrate into areas affected by confl ict and putting children at huge risk of violence, exploitation and abuse.
• As communities fracture and go in search of food and water millions of children have abandoned schools. They risk being separated from families and exposed to harm and violence. Our aim is to help children survive, thrive and return to school.
• World Vision is on the ground responding but urgently needs US$92 million NOW to scale up humanitarian assistance in the four countries. Our response will meet the health, nutrition, child protection, livelihoods, shelter, education and water and sanitation needs of the most vulnerable