• Aid organizations estimate that 60,000 people have been affected by inter-communal violence in Jonglei State. Food and other life-saving relief has started to be delivered to some of the hardest hit areas.
• Inter-communal attacks continue to be reported in Akobo and Uror counties in Jonglei State.
• During a visit to South Sudan from 6-10 January, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees appealed to refugees in Yida to relocate to safer locations further from the Sudan border area.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.