· A large-scale humanitarian emergency operation is being mobilized to respond to people affected by inter-communal violence in Jonglei State. The key gaps in the operation are the lack of heavy airlift capacity and the need for a surge in relief workers on the ground.
· Since June last year, more than 75,000 people have entered South Sudan, fleeing fighting in Sudan’s Southern Kordofan and Blue Nile states according to the UN Refugee Agency.
· The livelihood and coping capacity of more than 3.6 million South Sudanese are at risk in 2012, due to high food prices, continued displacements and insecurity.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.