cVDPV2 update from Environmental Samples
- Sequencing results for the ES sample collected from Hodan district ES/SOM/BAN/HDN/EGH-1/18/008 are genetically linked to the VDPV2 sequence from ENVID ES/SOM/BAN/WBR/21OCT/17/003, (Waberi district, Twenty One October ENV site).
- SOM/BAN/HDN/EGH-1/18/008 is classified as cVDPV2, as described in GPEI Guidelines for Reporting and Classification of Vaccine-derived Polioviruses.
- The sample was collected on 22 Feb. 2018 at 8:00 AM and sent to KEMRI on the same day. The PCR result was received from KEMRI on March 08. and final sequencing result on 21 March 2018.
- This site was established on 23 November 2017. The sewage is only for the hospital.
- Egyptian hospital ES sites is 1.4 KM in the upstream side of the 21October ES site.