• The health cluster mobilized partners in response to the large scale attack in Mogadishu in which 358 people (including missing ) died while 525 people were injured. The cluster coordinated the delivery of about 20 tonnes of urgently needed medical supplies to trauma facilities throughout the capital
• The health cluster through its partners has provided more than 2.6 million health consultations from the beginning of the year. It has provided more than 274 thousand consultations in October alone which is 77% of its monthly target.
• Over the past two months there has been a significant reduction in the number of new AWD/Cholera cases in all regions of Somalia. No AWD/cholera related deaths have been reported since August in any region across Somalia.
• Since the start of the year, a total of 78,240 cumulative cases of AWD/cholera recorded from health facilities across the country and 1,159 deaths have been reported in 55 districts of 16 regions across Somalia.
• Measles cases reported continue to be very high, increasing every month from all areas of the country with more than 19,316 cases being recorded since January 2017. Although there has been a decline in recent months, the number of cases is 4 times as high as those reported in 2015 and 2016