I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
· Two humanitarian aid workers were shot dead in Mogadishu on 29 December.
· Banadir Hospital reported a reduction in the number of cases of acute watery diarrhoea and measles in November/December compared to September/October.
· Pro-Transitional Federal Government (TFG) and Ethiopian troops took control of Belet Weyne, Hiraan region, on 31 December. This strategic town, which has been controlled by Al Shabaab for the past two years, connects the rest of the southern and central Somalia regions with the northern regions and with Ethiopia.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.