This report is produced by OCHA Somalia in collaboration with humanitarian partners. It was issued by OCHA in New York. It covers the period from 17 to 23 August 2011. The next report will be issued on 30 August 2011.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
· The next rainfall season is expected to be below average, which could extend the emergency into 2012
· Confirmed cases of cholera and acute watery diarrhea are on the rise, including in Mogadishu, Kismayo (Lower Juba region) and other crowded urban centers
· Suspected measles cases have increased by over 660% compared to the same time last year
· Between June and July, internal displacement has increased dramatically by 163%
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.