Situation Report for Acute Watery Diarrhea/Cholera, Epidemiological Week 51 (18 - 24 December 2017)
- A total of 106 new cases of AWD were reported in week 51 compared to 114 cases in week 50 in Beletweyn district.
- The new AWD cases were reported from Belet-Weyne district of Hiraan region.
- 1 new death has been reported from Belet-weyn district.
- A cumulative total of 60,917 cases and 821 deaths have been reported in 52 districts of 16 regions of South central and Puntland since January 2017.
- The number of AWD/Cholera cases and deaths in inaccessible areas are 4 times the number of cases and deaths in areas that are accessible.
- Out 13 stool samples collected from Belet-Weyne district 12 were positive for V. Cholerae, Ogawa, O1.
- 106 new cases
- 1 death
- 39% of the new cases were female
- 57% of the cases were children below 5 years
- 17 sections reported new AWD cases in Beletweyne
- 60,917 cumulative cases (week 1-51)
- 821 cumulative deaths (week 1-51)
- 1.3% overall case fatality rate