Humanitarian partners step up response in drought and conflict affected areas in the most affected regions.
Despite the challenging operating environment, aid organizations have used different modalities to assist people in areas previously beyond reach.
Critical boost in funding for reprioritized needs, but funding levels falls short of needs on the ground.
- # of people in humanitarian emergency and crisis 1m
- # of people in stress 2.16m
- # of acutely malnourished children under age 5 Source: www.fsnau.org (January-June 2014 projection) 218,000
- # of internally displaced people 1.1m
- # of Somali refugees in the Horn of Africa and Yemen 1m
933 million requested for 2014 (US$)
34% (318 million) (reflecting reported funding on FTS as of 17 October 2014)
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.