- Humanitarianfunding shortfall jeopardizes aid to hundreds of thousands of Somalis in need.
- About 50,000 people have been affected by seasonal flooding while pockets of drought remain.
- Measles outbreak of great concern with over 9,000 suspected cases reported this year, doubling the number from 2013.
- # of people in 1m humanitarian emergency and crisis
- # of people 2.16m in stress
- # of acutely 218,000 malnourished children under age 5
Source: www.fsnau.org (Aug-Dec 2014 projection)
- # of internally 1.1m displaced people
- # of Somali 1m refugees in the Horn of Africa and Yemen
933 million requested for 2014 (US$)
39% (365 million) (reflecting reported funding on FTS as of 21 November 2014)
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.