Humanitarian partners have reprogrammed assistance to avert the most acute crisis, but humanitarian funding is not commensurate to needs.
Three-fold increase in suspected measles cases.
Over 3,000 violent incidents with humanitarian access implications for communities and aid workers were recorded in 2014.
of people in 1m humanitarian emergency and crisis
of people 2.16m in stress
of acutely 218,000 malnourished children under age 5
Source: www.fsnau.org (Aug-Dec 2014 projection)
of internally 1.1m displaced people
of Somali 1m refugees in the Horn of Africa and Yemen
- 863 million requested for 2015 (US$)
- 933 million requested for 2014 (US$)
- 39% (365 million) (reflecting reported funding on FTS as of 20 Jan 2015)
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.