This report is produced by OCHA Eastern Africa in collaboration with humanitarian partners. It is issued by OCHA in New York. It covers the period from 1 to 8 September. The next report will be issued on 15 September.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
· The total estimated population in need of assistance across the four countries has increased from 12.4 to 13.3 million.
· Famine has spread to Bay region in Somalia. 750,000 people are at risk of death in the next four months if relief operations are not scaled up.
· Weather forecasts predict normal rains from September to December in most of the region.
· Conflict in the Blue Nile State of Sudan has resulted in the influx of 20,000 additional Sudanese refugees into Ethiopia.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.