I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
· MSF closes its largest medical centres in Mogadishu after two staff members were killed.
· Puntland’s Garowe Municipality begins forced relocation of IDPs.
· UNHCR expresses “increasing concern” about insecurity in and around refugee camps in the Horn of Africa.
· Analysis of a recent nutrition survey of northern Kenya finds significant reduction in malnutrition in Turkana and Marsabit, though no improvement in Wajir.
· In Djibouti, the food security situation remains critical for pastoral households and urban areas.
· Ethiopia to require US$168.7 million for humanitarian aid for January-June 2012.
· Crisis in South Sudan adversely impacting the food pipeline in the Horn of Africa.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.