I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
• 250,000 Somalis remain in famine and four million remain in need of humanitarian aid almost six months after the declaration of famine in parts of southern Somalia.
• ICRC has temporarily suspended distributions of food and seeds for 1.1 million people in urgent need after having supplies blocked in parts of central and southern Somalia.
• On 12 January, two aid workers were killed in Galgaduud region, Somalia.
• Six persons were killed and four abducted in Wajir, north-eastern Kenya, during an Al Shabaab raid.
• President Abdirahman Farole of Puntland has banned internally displaced persons (IDPs) from southern Somalia from entering Puntland.
• The African Union has approved the integration of Kenyan troops into its mission in Somalia.
• The UN has voiced concern over inter-communal violence among pastoral communities in Kenya.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.