I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
· Three aid workers on a monitoring mission in Mataban, Hirran Province, Somalia died when a gunman opened fire on 23 December.
· Latest reports from UNICEF and KRCS indicate that flood waters in Kenya are subsiding, with most displaced communities returning to their homes.
· Inter-communal conflict in Moyale leaves 37 people dead, thousands displaced.
· Two grenades thrown at a club in Wajir district in north-eastern Kenya near the Somali border wounded at least seven people on 24 December.
· In Ethiopia, the multi-sectoral national needs assessment has concluded, with findings to be the foundation of the January-June 2012 Humanitarian Requirements Document.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.