I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
· Two grenade blasts kill one person in Nairobi and injure more than 20 others, as Kenya fights al-Shabaab in Somalia.
· Humanitarian space continues to decrease with increasing insecurity along the Kenya/Somalia border region.
· Heavy rains in the region hamper delivery of humanitarian assistance and increase the risk of the spread of disease.
· The vulnerable population in Djibouti has increased from 146,000 to 210,000 people, of whom 120,000 are in rural areas, 60,000 in urban areas and 30,000 are refugees.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.