This report is produced by OCHA Eastern Africa in collaboration with humanitarian partners. It is issued by OCHA in New York. It covers the period 14-21 October. The next report will be issued on 28 October.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
• On 16 October, Kenyan armed forces moved into Somalia
• After abduction and injury of aid workers in the Dadaab refugee camps, humanitarian partners have ceased all but life-saving activities
• Heavy rains across the region are impeding humanitarian access, displacing populations, and leading to the spread of water-borne disease
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.