• US$13.6 million is needed to meet the needs of affected people over the next three months, with US$11.6 million unmet.
• Evacuation centres are being consolidated down to three, with an estimated 4,000 people still displaced.
• Funding for ongoing food aid distributions at evacuation centres is low, with only two containers of rice out of 15 remaining.
• Increasing cases of diarrhea, influenza-like-illness and malaria are being reported.
• 99 per cent of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises in China Town, Vara Creek, Koa Hill and Tuvarughu report severe damage.
• 369 assessed households in Honiara are destroyed or damaged, with 15 per cent badly damaged in Guadalcanal Province.
• IFRC has launched an emergency appeal.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.