• Number of confirmed deaths has been revised down to 21 after verification by Police.
• 52,000 people remain affected in the worst-hit areas of Honiara and greater Guadalacanal.
• 24 evacuation centres are operational with over 9,000 people.
• Signs of disease outbreaks are starting to emerge in evacuation centres, particularly in children.
• 41 schools have been damaged by flooding.
• Red Cross and non-governmental organizations are working together to support the Government in managing evacuation centres and distributing relief supplies.
• Evacuation centre plan has been developed to guide shelter management.
• International assistance is starting to arrive from donor countries.
• A response plan is currently being drafted.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.