NATIONAL SITUATION REPORT 03
Event: Tinakula Volcanic Eruption
Date of Issue: 30th October 2017
Time of Issue: 8:00 pm
Approved by: N-DOC Chair
Issued By: SLB NEOC
Next Update: Friday 3rd November 2017
Sitrep Ref: SR301017003
- The estimated population affected by food shortage in Anuta, Duff and Tikopia is 2,593.
- The estimated population affected by Tinakula mini-eruption in Reef Islands is 6,485.
- 40 tonnes (2000 bags) of rice will be distributed for Anuta, Duff and Tikopia Islands, supported by the Solomon Islands Government.
- A total of 7306 bottled water have been shipped to reef islands with 4385 to be followed in the next first available transport.
- 3000 collapsible containers from the UNICEF were shipped to the reef islands.
- Medical Suppliers were also included in the relief items and will be coordinated by Temotu Provincial Health Sector Committee.
- A National Emergency Response Team (NERT) has been deployed early this morning on board the MV. Onogou to support relief operations and carry out technical assessments for affected communities in Temotu Province