OCHA Situation Report No. 2
Serbia & Montenegro Floods
The Government of Serbia & Montenegro appeals for international relief assistance
1. Given the extent of damage caused by several days of torrential rains and subsequent failure of dams in Eastern Serbia, particularly in the Municipalities of Secanj, Zitiste, Bela Crkva and Plandiste, the Government of the Republic of Serbia and the Council of Ministers of the State Union of Serbia and Montenegro have appealed for international solidarity to assist thousands of families rendered homeless and deprived of their possessions.
2. Priority needs as provided by the Government are:
- Emergency shelter (particularly tents)
- Clothes and footwear
- Water purification equipment
- Financial assistance
3. OCHA is releasing a USD 30,000 emergency cash grant through UNDP.
4. This Situation Report and information on ongoing emergencies is also available on the OCHA Internet Website at http://www.reliefweb.int
Tel. +41-22-917 1234
Fax: +41-22-917 00 23
In case of emergency only: Tel. +41-22-917 20 10
Ms. Charlotta Benedek E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Direct Tel. +41-22-917 1205
Mr. Ricardo Mena Direct Tel. +41-22-917 1455 E-mail: email@example.com
(GVA) Ms. Elizabeth Byrs Direct Tel. +41-22-917 2653
(N.Y.) Ms. Stephanie Bunker Direct Tel. +1-917-892 1669
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.