Period covered by this Ops Update: 24th December to 31st January 2010.
Appeal target: With the available resources, the recovery appeal has reached 1,546 beneficiaries (families) in four regions.
Appeal coverage: 47%
Following the development of a revised plan of action based on the resources available in partnership with the Senegalese Red Cross Society (SRCS), this preliminary response provided agricultural tools, seeds, fertilizers and cash distribution to 1,546 beneficiaries. However, there remains to cover up to 1,254 more families.
- This Emergency Appeal was initially launched on a preliminary basis on 9 September 2009 for CHF 2.1m for 6 months to support the National Society in delivering assistance to some 25,000 beneficiaries.
- Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF): CHF 200,000 was initially allocated from the Federation's DREF to support regional efforts to prepare and respond.
- Operations Update (no. 1) communicated a probable appeal budget revision as the six-month appeal timeframe remains the same.
- Operations Update (no. 2) communicated that a draft Plan of Action would be revised. While there had been plans for a revised appeal budget (reduced), the current budget will remain the same.
- Operations Update (no. 3) communicated the recovery activities targeting 14,000 people (2,800 households) according to the situation changing and beneficiaries real needs.
- This Operations Update (no. 4) communicates the implementation of the recovery phase of the appeal to help support affected families. Out of 2,800 targeted affected families, 1,546 families in 43 villages (communities) and one camp have been reached with agricultural tools, seeds, fertilizers, and unconditional cash support to help beneficiaries in their recovery process.