• Since September the total number of Burundian refugees in Rwanda did not increase significantly. New arrivals were low, peaking at 100 on 21 October.
• The relocation of refugees from reception centres is completed with approximately 45,000 now living in Mahama refugee camp (30,000 in the original camp, and 15,000 in the extended camp).
• As a result of the joint social mobilization efforts, the attendance rate of children in education services significantly increased from 61% to 82% in the past month.
• Preliminary results of a nutrition survey (SENS) confirmed a further reduction in malnutrition rates, with global acute malnutrition at 6.6%.
• A temporary solution for water provision through Akagera river surface water is in place, yet it remains challenging to meet minimum standards of 15 litres/day/person. UNICEF and partners are progressing on the development of a longer-term option.