Peace Treaty and Principles of Interrelation between Russian Federation and Chechen Republic of Ichkeria
1. To reject forever the use of force or threat of force in resolving all matters of dispute.
2. To develop their relations on generally recognized principles and norms of international law. In doing so, the sides shall interact on the basis of specific concrete agreements.
3. This treaty shall serve as the basis for concluding further agreements and accords on the full range of relations.
4. This treaty is written on two copies and both have equal legal power.
5. This treaty is active from the day of signing.
Moscow, 12 May 1997.
President of the Russian Federation
President of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria