- Everyone in the city is on the move
and people are trying to leave for Ingueshetia.
- Many more villages, towns and cities
have now being directly hit and some are badly destroyed. These include
Smashky, Argon and the outskirts of Grozny.
- A state of war & emergency has been
fully declared in Chechnya & Ingueshetia.
- More refugees are arriving by the hour
and their situation is deteriorating.
- There is a sharp increase in food commodity
- There is also a sharp increase in transportation
prices. For example, the cost of a taxi per person from Grozny to Nzran
has increased from $5 to $100.
Relief in Chechnya
- IR operations inside Chechnya are being
scaled down. The Khawarezmi Computer Centre has postponed its services.
The Nusibha Centre has also postponed its services. This, however,
was due to the sharp decrease in the number of students who are unable
to attend the courses.
- IR Office in Chechnya, however, is still
- More food packets & blankets need
to be distributed to the refugees.
- TB Vaccines can be offered to the refugees.
- IR is currently trying to obtain permission
from the Ingueshetia Authorities. This will allow IR to work more
freely with the refugees inside Ingueshetia.
- Currently there are no NGOs operating
- The Red Cross & UN are present in
- No Islamic Organisation is currently
working with the refugees inside or outside Chechnya.