This report is produced by OCHA in collaboration with humanitarian partners. It was issued by OCHA Philippines. It covers the period from 31 December 2011 to 3 January 2012. The next report will be issued on 6 January 2012.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
• Securing additional land for the relocation of the displaced remains a top priority in Cagayan de Oro • Increase in reported suspected cases of Leptospirosis in evacuation centres emphasizes the need to decongest the most crowded of sites
• More comprehensive profiling of the affected underpinned by strengthened data collection and information management is a key factor for prioritisation of assistance
• Classes resume with the primary focus on accounting for students; alternative modes of learning and transitional spaces are used to conduct classes, as some families remain in school grounds
• Urgent need exists to conduct social preparation activities to better inform the displaced of the schedule and mechanics of the planned relocations
• Humanitarian Coordinator completes a two-day mission to the affected area
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.