The report was issues by OCHA Philippines and covers the period from 29 to 30 December 2011. The next report will be issued on or around 2 January 2012.
· Emergency, short-term solutions are urgently being sought for some 53,567 displaced housed in evacuation centres, with identification of additional land for temporary relocations being a priority
· Urgency to decongest evacuation centres and relocate families, before disease outbreaks occur
· Consolidation of data from evacuation centres meant to enable family-profiling is being collected ahead of the planning and prioritisation of the relocation process
· Joint operation centres are now fully functional in both Cagayan de Oro and Iligan
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.