I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
· Shelter assessment reports damage to 70% of houses in areas surveyed, with 30% of these dwellings having been destroyed or washed away
· To date, nearly 7,000 adults and 15,000 children have been provided with psycho-social support
· Up to 50% of logs and debris has been retrieved and cleared in coastline areas of Iligan; further clean-up works are urgently required outside city centers of Iligan and Cagayan de Oro
· Frequent milk code violations stress the urgent need for awareness-raising on breastfeeding rights of women and children
· On 3 February, the revised Flash Appeal will be launched in Manila by the Government and the UN Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.