This report was compiled and issued by OCHA Philippines on behalf of humanitarian partners and is based on information provided by the clusters. As such, it reflects the position of OCHA and the humanitarian community. It covers the period from 14 to 17 January 2012. The next report will be issued on 20 January 2012.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
• Second phase of the joint multi-cluster rapid assessments has begun with focus on remote, underassessed areas affected by the storm
• Relevant information on planned relocations needs to be shared with all stakeholders, particularly the displaced to enable them to make conscious decisions about the future of their families
• Shelter solutions must be developed in consultation with all the displaced, including vulnerable groups
• Emergency school feeding programme was launched targeting up to 40,000 children
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.