I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- The humanitarian response effort in the Philippines is hampered by lack of funding, with the current Flash Appeal funded at 36.2 percent as of 10 November.
- The Revised 2009 Philippines Flash Appeal is in its final stages of revision and approval. A launch date will be set for the coming week.
- IASC Partners, donors and Government of the Republic of the Philippines (GRP) counterparts conducted an aerial survey of highly affected regions in Luzon on 10 November. UNHAS helicopter service provided transportation with the objective to give partners an overview of areas of key importance to the Revised Flash Appeal.
- A UNICEF hydraulics specialist, tasked with looking at the Laguna de Bay drainage issue, confirmed earlier reports that there are few short-term solutions other than natural drainage over the next three to six months.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.