I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
• Identifying additional land for relocation sites
• Prioritising the displaced to determine response • Water-supply levels reach 95 per cent
• Efforts to reach affected people Iligan, in Lanao del Sur and the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao,
• Cash-for-work and food-for-work schemes affected and supporting relief and recovery operations
II. Situation Overview
Three weeks after Tropical Storm Washi, Sendong, hit northern Mindanao triggering flash floods and landslides that affected the lives and livelihoods of some 1.1 million people, the Government and aid organizations continue to provide emergency assistance individuals continue to seek refuge in 50 evacuation centres (ECs) in Iligan and Cagayan de Oro (CDO) 214,695 people remain with host families an shelters. The basic needs remain shelter, food, water and sanitation/hygiene as well as health and psycho services.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.