· Tropical Storm Kai-Tak (locally known as Helen) triggered flash floods and flooding in northern Philippines affecting more than 86,700 people.
· In Metro Manila, nearly 90 per cent of the people in evacuation centres have returned home over the last six days.
· There are 215,200 people in 661 evacuation centres in Metro Manila, regions III and IV-A. At least an additional 772,300 people evacuated to homes of relatives and friends.
· Low-lying areas in these three regions remain flooded where 1.1 million people have been affected. Flooding may prolong for up to three months in some areas.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.