Sources: PAGASA, DSWD-DROMIC, DOH-HEMS, OCDRC V, PCG
I. Weather Update
A. Chronology of Typhoon Dante (KUJIRA)
1. At 5 AM of April 29 two low pressure areas (LPAs) were monitored at 80 km northeast of Catanduanes and 480 km west of Mindoro.
2. At 5 PM same day the two LPAs were located at 140 km east of Albay and 280 km northwest of Mindoro.
3. At 11 AM of April 30, TD "CRISING" developed from LPA west of Mindoro while the other LPA was located in the vicinity of Albay.
4. At 5 PM of May 1, the LPA near Albay developed to TD "DANTE" and PSWS 1 was raised over Southern Quezon, Camarines Provinces, Albay, Sorsogon, Catanduanes, Masbate including Burias Island and Northern Samar.
5. At 5 AM of May 2, 'CRISING" downgraded to LPA with final bulletin issued at SAM. TD "DANTE" was located at 20 km east of Catanduanes and remained almost stationary in Bicol.
6. At 5 AM of May 3 "DANTE" intensified to Tropical Storm (TS) and intensified further to Severe Tropical Storm (STS) at 11 AM which was located over Catanduanes. And at 5PM it started to move away from Bicol.
7. At 10 AM of May 4 "DANTE" continues to move away from the country with maximum sustained winds of 105 kph.
8. At 10 PM of May 4 "DANTE" has accelerated as it continues to intensify further while moving away from the country and it has a maximum sustained winds of 130 kph.
9. At 10 AM of 5 May "DANTE" continues to move away from the country and was located at 1,050 kms east of Tuguegarao, Cagayan (17.9=B0N, 132.9=B0E) with maximum sustained winds of 130 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 160 kph. It is forecast to move east northeast at 22 kph and is expected to be at 1,360 km east of Basco, Batanes by tomorrow morning. The weather in Bicoll Region improves as Typhoon "DANTE" moves away from the country.