DATE: 03 November 2009, 6:00 AM
Source: DOST-PAGASA, DSWD, PCG, DPWH, AFP, DILL, PNP, BFP, NEC, NGCP, OCDRCs NCR, I, II, III, IV-A, IV-B and V, Prov'I, Social Welfare Development-Prov of Laguna
I. SITUATION OVERVIEW
A. Chronology of Typhoon "SANTI"
- On October 28, 2009, the typhoon East of Central Luzon with maximum sustained winds of 140 kph entered the Philippine Area of Responsibility (PAR) and was named "SANTI"
- On October 29, 2009, it intensified further and maintained its strength as it continued to move towards Central Luzon
- On October 30, 2009, Typhoon "SANTI" continued to move closer to Aurora-Quezon area; accelerated as it moved closer towards Quezon Province and Camarines Norte - Quezon area
- On October 31, 2009, Typhoon =B0SANTI" traversed Southern Tagalog and slightly weakened off at the Coast of Batangas and at the vicinity of Lubang Island while moving towards the South China Sea
- On November 01, 2009, Typhoon "SANTI" has downgraded into a tropical storm as it continued to move farther away from the country Its maximum sustained winds ranged from 85 to 150 kph while its gustiness ranged from 100 to 185 kph while its movement ranged from 20 to 24 kph
1. Affected Population (Tab A)
As part of preventive measures, a total of 23,103 families 1 115, 507 persons were pre-emptively evacuated by the LGUs of Regions IV-A, V and NCR to 251 evacuation centers established in various areas, relatives and friends A total of 61,596 families 1 303,440 persons were actually affected in 582 barangays of 16 cities and 84 municipalities of 14 provinces in Regions III, IV-A, IV-B, V, and NCR. There were 3,310 families 1 15,917 persons in 99 evacuation centers
2. Casualties (Tab B)
Dead - 19: 1 in NCR (Muntinlupa City), 10 in Region IV-A ( 1 in Cavite, 4 in Laguna, 2 in Rizal, 1 in Quezon and 2 in Batangas) and 8 in Region V (7 Camarines Norte and 1 in Catanduanes)
Injured - 6: 4 in Region IV-A (2 in Quezon and 2 in Batangas) and 2 in Region V (1 in Camarines Norte and 1 in Catanduanes)
Missing - 3: 1 in NCR (Muntinlupa City) and 2 in Region IV-A (1 in Laguna and 1 in Quezon)