Reference: OCD X, XII and ARMM, PNP-ARMM, DSWD-DROMIC, PNRC, DOH, AFCC, DPWH, DepEd
Current Humanitarian Situation
- The total cost of emergency relief assistance extended to the IDPs is Php176.734 Million. Of this amount, Php138.334 Million was provided by the Government while Php38.4 Million was provided by NGOs, INGOs, ICRC and the UN System. Relief assistance provided were in the form of food assistance (rice and food packs); temporary shelter (construction of bunkhouses); health services (consultation and disease surveillance in ECs and provision of medicines); psychosocial services and WASH services (provision of latrines and construction of toilet facilities in evacuation sites. Intensified information, education campaign on proper hygiene; and training of volunteers in providing psychosocial support
- The amount of P138.334 Million provided by the Government came from the national and local governments
- OCD-NDCC provided financial assistance worth P575,000.000 from the NDCC donated funds to the IDPs' casualty victim in Region X (P485,000.00) and Region XII (P90,000.00)
- The DSWD launched the "Tulong para sa MindaNOW" project on november 04, 2008 at the DSWD-CO, Quezon City in partnership with the Metro Manila Mayor's Spouses Foundation (MMMSF) and the Ricky Reyes Foundation Incorporated (RRFI) which aims to collect/generate gift donations for distribution to the children-victims of internal displacement due to armed conflict in Mindanao. Drop off centers are all public elementary schools in Metro Manila starting November 5 to 30, 2008
- DepEd NCR and Pasig City initiated a call for donations through memorandum to Superintendents of various schools to be distributed to IDPs in Mindanao. Donated items collected were 93 boxes noodles, 103 sacks sardines, 32 plastic bags of used clothing for children, and adults, other non-food items and books.