References: Reports from OCDRCs IV-A, V, V1, 01, Vlll
1. SITUATION OVERVIEW
- The low pressure area (LPA) East of Mindanao entered the Philippine Area of Responsibility 40 kms Northeast of Surigao City on November 06, 2008 and has developed into a Tropical Depression named "QUINTA". It intensified into a storm as it continued to move towards the South China Sea and intensified further as it moved farther away from the country .
- The center winds of TS Quinta ranged from 45 to 85 kph near the center and its movement from 19 to 11 kph. Unless recurvature occurs, this is the final bulletin of TS Quinta
- At the height of the storm, 4,812 persons; 146 trucks; 49 motor bancas; 11 vessels and 4 small cars were reported stranded.in various ports of Regions IV-A, V, VI, VII and Vill because the PCGs in respective regions suspended their inter island ferry trips and six (6) sea mishaps occurred in the following provinces involving motorbancas (MBcas)
- MBca ROLIV left Conception Feeder Port, Conception, Iloilo on November 06 at 12:10 PM bound for Brgy. Bangonon, Tagubanhan Island which overturn at about 200 meters to its distinction due to strong winds and heavy rains encountered. Another 3 motorbancas namely MIB April Joy, MIB Jona I and MIB Nonoy Mike capsized in the sea waters of Colebra Island, Conception, Iloilo with seven (7) persons reported injured
Surigao del Norte
- Another Two (2) unidentified fishing bances with 11 fishermen onboard capsized in the vicinity of Pilar, Surigao del Norte on or about 3:OOAM, 06 November 2008 due to big waves