• The earthquake stricken areas of Bohol Province were only lightly affected by Typhoon Haiyan (locally known as Yolanda). However, power supply remains disrupted causing blackouts and water shortage.
• The majority of the earthquake-affected population have returned to their settlements, but are still dependent on assistance from the Government and the humanitarian partners.
• The focus of the humanitarian activities is now shifting from relief to early recovery in the earthquake affected communities.
• Five weeks on, Bohol Earthquake Action Plan has received only 18 per cent of the US$46 million requested. Urgent funding is needed to support the continuing relief operation.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.